Marshall Post-Game Notes
Marshall 99, Ohio 96 ot
Dec. 16, 2017
- Tonight’s meeting was the 103rd between the Herd and Bobcats. Ohio has a 55-48 lead in the series.
- Marshall won its second consecutive contests against the Ohio. The Herd defeated the Bobcats on Nov. 30, 2016, 98-88.
- Marshall is 3-0 against the Mid-American Conference this season. The Herd defeated Akron and Ohio at home and won at Toledo
- Jon Elmore posted the first triple-double for Marshall (20 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds) since DeAndre Kane on Nov. 18, 2012 against Hofstra (33 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists).
- Ajdin Penava set a new career-high with 33 points, breaking his previous high of 24 that was set in his last game against Toledo.
- C.J. Burks set a new career-high with 31 points, eclipsing his previous high of 27 against William & Mary in November.
- Dan D’Antoni is over .500 in his career for the first time since the beginning of the 2014-15 season, when he won his first three games as head coach.
- Ajdin Penava leads the nation in blocked shots per game (4.8). Penava had nine blocks against Ohio.
- Marshall made more free throws (27) than Ohio took (18).
- Penava’s nine blocks tied a career-high (also occurred vs. Chattanooga, Dec. 5).
- In his first action since sustaining a wrist injury against Illinois (Nov. 19), Milan Mijovic had four points, one rebound and one assist in 10 minutes.
- Marshall is 7-0 at home this season and 40-14 at home under D’Antoni.
- Marshall is 4-0 in the month of December this season.
- Marshall’s streak of consecutive games with a made 3-pointer was extended to 853. The Herd made 10 3-pointers tonight.
- Jon Elmore has scored at least 20 points in seven consecutive games.
- Elmore, Burks and Penava have scored in double-figures in every game this season.
- Jon Elmore’s streak of consecutive double-digit scoring games was extended to 46. Elmore’s streak is the third-longest active streak in the country, trailing only Wofford’s Fletcher Magee and Campbell’s Chris Clemons.
- Marshall’s streak of home nonconference wins was extended to 17 games.
- Marshall had its first game with 10 or more blocked shots as a team since the 2012-13 season (14 vs. UCF, Feb. 2, 2013).
- The Herd has won three consecutive overtime games dating back to the 2016-17 season.
- Marshall won despite having fewer rebounds (43-40), bench points (26-9), second chance points (10-9), points in the paint (44-32), points off turnovers (22-16) and fast break points (6-4).