Oct. 6, 2012
Marshall Postgame Notes
Tulsa 45, Marshall 38
Oct. 6, 2012
- Marshall fell to 2-4 (1-1) on the season. Tulsa improved to 5-1 (3-0)
- Tulsa leads the all-time series 4-0.
- Kevin Grooms' 6-yard touchdown run in the second quarter was his fourth of the season, leading all Marshall running backs.
- Remi Watson's 26-yard rush in the second quarter was the longest of his career.
- Marshall's two rushing touchdowns in the game gave it 12 for the season. The Herd had only nine touchdowns in 13 games last season.
- Antavious Wilson's seven receptions gave him 150 for his career, 10th all-time at Marshall.
- Wilson's 123 - yards receiving was his first 100-yard game since going for 119 against Ohio on Sept. 25, 2010. His career best is 153 (Southern Miss, 11/14/09).
- Aaron Dobson's 10 receptions gives him 150 career catches, 10th place all-time at Marshall.
- With Dobson's 128 yards and Wilson's 123 yards, it was the first time since Sept. 5, 2009 that two Herd players went over 100 yards receiving. Chuck Walker (119) and Cody Slate (114) did it then against Southern Illinois.
- Gator Hoskins' 72-yard touchdown catch in the third quarter was Marshall's longest play of the season.
- At 7:12 of 2nd quarter, it's longest Marshall has played into a game this season without a TD. After scoreless first quarter at WVU, Herd scored at 11:16 of 2nd quarter on Travon Van run at Mountaineer Field. Herd had first-quarter TDs in its other four games.
- Alex Singleton's fourth-down, 48-yard TD run for Tulsa in first quarter is longest scoring run against Marshall this season.
- Tulsa's 16-play 63-yard touchdown drive in the second quarter tied for the most plays in a drive by a Marshall opponent. The duration (7:30) was the longest by a Herd opponent.
- DJ Hunter's PAT return for two points in the third quarter was the first such score since Oct. 30, 2010 against UTEP (Donald Brown, Interception)