Oct. 28, 2012
Marshall Game Notes
Marshall 54, UCF 17
Oct. 27, 2012
- UCF improved to 6-2 (4-0)
- Marshall fell to 3-5 (2-2)
- UCF leads the all-time series 8-3
- Antavious Wilson’s touchdown was the 14th of his career which ties him with John “Fuzzy” Filliez for 16th on Marshall’s all-time list.
- Rakeem Cato was held to under 300 yards for the second time this season.
- After throwing for two touchdowns, Cato has tied Stan Hill for eighth on Marshall’s all-time list with 38.
- Cato now has 416 attempts this season, good for seventh on the Herd single-season list, passing Michael Payton’s 415 in 1992. Ahead of Cato are Tony Petersen’s 622 in 1987, three Byron Leftwich years (491, 470, 457) and two Chad Pennington seasons (432, 428).
- Gator Hoskins’ fourth quarter touchdown was his eighth score of the season leaving him one short of the season record for a Marshall tight end owned by Mike Bartum (1992) and Sean Doctor (1987).
- Derrick Thomas’s first quarter interception was the first of his career.
- Billy Mitchell’s second quarter interception was the first of his career.
- It is Marshall’s first multiple-interception game since having three interceptions last Nov. 26 against East Carolina.
- UCF’s 75-yard touchdown run in the second quarter was longest run of the season by a Herd opponent.
- Justin Haig’s 43-yard field goal was the second longest of the season. Four of Haig’s seven field goals this season have accounted for Marshall’s first points of the game.