Nov. 3, 2012
Marshall Postgame Notes
Marshall 38, Memphis 28
Nov. 3, 2012
- Marshall improved to 4-5 (2-3)
- Memphis fell to 1-8 (1-4)
- Marshall leads the all-time series 6-2
- The Herd has started the game on offense in all nine games this season.
- Antavious Wilson’s seven catches takes him to 170 in his career, eighth on the all-time list. He passed John “Fuzzy” Filliez (1973-76) and Randy Moss (1996-97).
- Rakeem Cato’s fourth quarter touchdown pass to Demetrius Evans was the 40th of his career putting him at seventh all-time at Marshall.
- Cato is tied for ninth in school history with 26 touchdown passes this season. He is tied with Michael Payton (1991).
- Cato’s 500 career pass completions rank sixth all-time at Marshall.
- Devon Johnson’s touchdown reception was the first of his career. He also became the 16th different player to score a touchdown for the Herd this season.
- Five Marshall players recorded double-digit tackles led by Billy Mitchell’s 13.
- Marshall blocked a field goal in the third quarter, its sixth blocked kick of the season. Six blocked kicks led the nation entering this week by Rutgers, Texas and Ohio State.
- Justin Haig’s 41-yard field goal was his third of the season over 40 yards. He is a perfect 3-for-3 from 40 or more yards this season.