Booker Named to CFPA Watch List|
June 26, 2012
HUNTINGTON, W.Va.-Marshall senior punt returner Andre Booker has been named to the 2012 College Football Performance Awards (CFPA) Special Teams Watch List.
The 5-foot-10 Sarasota, Fla., native was one of 30 punt returners listed and was one of just three student-athletes from Conference USA (Damian Payne-Houston and Tracy Lampley-Southern Mississippi) to make the cut.
Last season, Booker was 20th nationally in punt return average (10.89 yards per attempt), which put him third in the league behind SMU’s Richard Crawford (14th, 11.81) and Lampley (15th, 11.48). His 87-yard punt return for touchdown gave the Thundering Herd a 7-0 lead less than five minutes into last season’s opener at West Virginia.
He also averaged 24.8 yards per kick return on 33 attempts last season to go with his six catches for 116 yards from his wide receiver spot.
Marshall opens at West Virginia again this season, with a Sept. 1 trip to Morgantown.
2012 CFPA Punt Returner Trophy Watch List
• Jamal Miles, Arizona State
• Don Jones, Arkansas State
• Mitch Burroughs, Boise State
• J.D. Falslev, BYU
• Demarius Reed, Eastern Michigan
• Branden Smith, Georgia
• Damian Payne, Houston
• Justin Veltung, Idaho
• Josh Lenz, Iowa State
• Darryl Surgent, Louisiana-Lafayette
• Craig Johnson, Louisiana Tech
• Andre Booker, Marshall
• Jeremy Gallon, Michigan
• Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
• Chad Bumphis, Mississippi State
• E.J. Gaines, Missouri
• Travis Carrie, Ohio
• Chris Fields, Ohio State
• Jeff Scott, Ole Miss
• Jordan Poyer, Oregon State
• Ace Sanders, South Carolina
• Tracy Lampley, Southern Mississippi
• Quandre Diggs, Texas
• Dustin Harris, Texas A&M
• Nickell Robey, USC
• Kerwynn Williams, Utah State
• Michael Campanaro, Wake Forest
• Tavon Austin, West Virginia
• Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin
• Chris McNeill, Wyoming