Oct. 30, 2012
Beginning today we start a profile series with the eight seniors on the swimming and diving team. First up will be Sarah Schimenti. Schimenti hails from Marietta, Ga. and swims primarily individually in the breaststroke and individual medley. All-time she has five victories and is a two-time C-USA Commissioner's Honor Roll selection.
1. Why did you choose Marshall?
I loved the campus and how it was a big school with a small campus. I also had fun on my (recruiting) trip.
2. If you weren't a swimmer/diver, what other sport would you play or want to play?
3. What is best swimming/diving advice you have ever received?
Don't give up, even though it sucks at times.
4. What is best and worst class you've had at Marshall?
The best is a current class, physical education for elementary education majors because we get to play with scooters and parachutes. The worst was a sociology class for education.
5. What is the one thing you have to do before a meet?
I have to probably drink some coffee.
6. Which swimmer/diver do you idolize?
Ryan Lochte, just because he is the underdog that took Michael Phelps down.
7. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
A duck, because they call me ducky and it suits me.
8. If there was a team competition for top comedian, who would win and why?
Sarah Coghlin. She has like 10 different voices and ridiculous comments to everything.
9. Which teammate is likely to burst in to song at the most random times?
Sarah Coghlin, she's crazy
10. Which event do you enjoy the best and why?
I like the 200 medley relay just because its two laps and its short but I like the 100 breaststroke individually because it's short.