Alice Sukner Named to Women’s Tennis Academic All-MAC Team
Senior Alice Sukner
CLEVELAND, Ohio- Marshall University women’s tennis player senior Alice Sukner (Pittsburgh, Pa.) was named to the 2004 Women’s Tennis Academic All Mid-American Conference team today, as voted by the faculty athletic representatives at the 10 member tennis institutions.
The honor is for a student-athlete who has excelled in athletics and academics.
Sukner is 17-6 overall in the number two singles slot for MU. She holds an 8-1 record in conference play for the 2004 season. In doubles action, Sukner and teammate Lille Nzudie are 19-5 overall in the two doubles slot. The duo rapped up MAC regular season action with a 9-0 record in doubles. Sukner was honored as Mid-American Tennis Player of the Week in the sixth week of the 2004 season, and helped MU to a third consecutive MAC Tournament Championship.
Sukner and Ball State’s Jill Wieman earned the honor for the second-consecutive season. Sukner was also a first team all-MAC selection for her on the court athletic performance as voted by the MAC coaches earlier this week.
2004 Academic All-MAC Women’s Tennis Team
1. Jill Wieman, Ball State Jr. 3.86 GPA, Pre-Denistry North Muskegon, Mich.
2. Lisa Maloney, Bowling Green Sr. 3.73 GPA, Early Childhood Studies San Diego, Calif.
3. Heidi Romer, Bowling Green So. 3.93 GPA, Early Childhood Studies Long Grove, Ill.
4. Amalia Lincaru, Eastern Michigan Sr. 3.53 GPA, Management Bucharest, Romania
5. Alice Sukner, Marshall Sr. 3.74 GPA, Finance Pittsburgh, Pa.
6. Cassie Drake, Northern Illinois Jr. 3.68 GPA, Accountancy Stilwell, Kan.