Five Records Fall at Hilltopper Relays
Jules breaks two school records
April 13, 2013
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - Five school records fell and 28 personal bests were set on Saturday by the Marshall track and field team at the Hilltopper Relays.
Senior Vanessa Jules broke her own school record in the high jump and the 100 meter hurdles. Her first place leap of 1.82 meters (5-11.50) broke the record she set last season (5-10) by over an inch. In the hurdles, Jules had a winning time of 13.68 seconds, just surpassing her 13.80 from last season.
Also breaking her own school record was senior Amanda Kennedy. She had a javelin throw of 48.23m (158-03), nearly 10 feet better than the previous record of 149-7 set last season.
Senior Crystal Walker out-jumped her own school record, set earlier this season at the FSU Relays, with a winning long jump mark of 6.35 meters (20-10.00). Her previous best was 6.27 meters or (20-7).
Jules' high jump mark currently ranks 13th in the nation and her 100 meter hurdles time is good for 29th in the East region. Kennedy's javelin is the 17th best in the nation. Manning's triple jump is the 12th best in the nation while Manning's long jump is ranked fourth. All of these rankings discount other results from around the country this weekend. Updated rankings are released every Tuesday.
Marshall's results listed below.
4. Kearra Haynes, 12.26
8. Moriah Njoku, 12.33 (personal best)
100 Meter Hurdles
1. Vanessa Jules, 13.68 (school record)
6. Asia Bange, 14.04 (personal best)
10. Alecia Daniels, 14.73 (season best)
4. Shanice Johnson, 24.70 (personal best)
11. Moriah Njoku, 25.63
6. Amber Pierson, 55.80 (personal best)
400 Meter Hurdles
5. Loren Dyer, 1:03.56 (personal best)
7. Alecia Daniels, 1:04.05 (season best)
12. Asia Bange, 1:05.73
4x100 Meter Relay
4x400 Meter Relay
13. Celia Leonard, 2:23.61 (personal best)
25. Whitney Lewis, 2:33.45
13. Celia Leonard, 4:53.70
17. Alexandria Phares, 4:57.91 (personal best)
19. Leslie Thomas, 5:01.18 (season best)
24. Lauren Bartoldson, 5:04.75 (personal best)
27. Sammantha Stroker, 5:07.13 (personal best)
28. Molly Miloscia, 5:09.33 (personal best)
33. Zoe Leonard, 5:16.72
36. Michaele Morgan, 5:23.41 (personal best)
2. Kelley Mortakis, 18:22.00
4. Paige Govey, 18:37.04 (personal best)
1. Vanessa Jules, 1.82m, 5-11.50 (school record)
14. Shanice Johnson, 1.50m
1. Crystal Walker, 6.35m, 20-10.00 (school record)
9. Elaine Derricott, 5.49m
2. Jasia Richardson, 12.92m, 42-04.75 (school record)
5. Amanda Hottenstein, 13.22m, (personal best)
8. Bethany Drury, 12.44m (personal best)
11. Carrie Corriell, 38.27m (personal best)
17. Bethany Drury, 35.46m
12. Amanda Hottenstein, 45.56m
13. Carrie Corriell, 41.81m (personal best)
1. Amanda Kennedy, 48.23m, 158-03 (school record)